Who are we?
Lever Associates is a company registered in England and Wales under number 05777361 and is a data processor and a data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 registration number ZA361381
What data do we hold?
We may hold data about the following people:
- Suppliers and service providers
- Advisers, consultants and other professional experts
- Complainants and enquirers
What data will we collect?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to your accounts or your contract to assist us to perform bookkeeping & payroll activities. In particular we may collect the following information from you which is defined as ‘personal data’:
- Personal details
- Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Financial details
- Business activities of persons whose details we are processing
Basis for Processing:
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- It is in our legitimate interests to do so
- You have given us your consent (which can be withdrawn at anytime by contacting Steven Lever on 0800 774 7084 or email@example.com)
How will we use your data?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Provision of bookkeeping & payroll services including advising and acting on your behalf
- Promotion of our services
- Maintaining accounts and records
Who will we share your information with?
By way of your regulatory obligations there are strict rules about who we can share your information with and this will normally be limited to other people who will assist with your accounts. This may include:
- Your own accountant
- Banks and building societies
- Loan and Mortgage brokers
- Suppliers that your business is engaged with
- Courts and tribunals
- Debt collection agencies in the event of unpaid accounts
- H M Revenue & Customs
Where you authorise us we may also disclose your information to your family, associates, employees or representatives.
How long will we keep your information for?
- We will normally keep your information throughout the period of time that we do work for you and following that for a period of time in line with H M Revenue & Customs or your regulatory and legal requirements.
Transfer to third countries:
- We may from time to time transfer your personal data to a country outside the EEA, but this would usually only be for the purpose of cloud based IT back up software
- We would always ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place at all times in such circumstances
- We shall ensure all information that you provide to us is kept secure using appropriate technical and organisational measures
- In the event of a personal data breach we have in place procedures to ensure that the effects of such a breach are minimised and shall liaise with the ICO and with you as appropriate
GDPR gives you the following rights:
|· Right to be informed||· Right to restriction of processing|
|· Right of access||· Right to data portability|
|· Right of rectification||· Right to object|
|· Right to erasure||· Rights concerning automated decision making and profiling|
Right of Access
- You have right to see the information we hold about you
- To access this, please provide a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or 19a Lee Lane, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 7BP and we will need you to provide proof of identity
- You request will usually be provided free of charge within 30 days, however we reserve the right to charge a reasonable admin fee and to extend the timeframe by a further two months if the request is complex or manifestly unfounded
- Full details are available by emailing email@example.com
Right to Erasure
- You have a right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain cases
- Your request will be dealt with free of charge and within 30 days
- We reserve the right to refuse to erase information where we are required to retain by law or regulatory obligations, or where it is required to exercise or defend legal claims
Who can you complain to?
- If you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to any requests you have made then initially contact Steven Lever on 0800 774 7084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your complaint remains unresolved to your satisfaction you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, full details are at ico.org.uk